I'm Nicolas Cannasse, I'm 30, and this is my personal blog :-)
I've been working on several things in the past years, including :
- cofounding an running Motion-Twin, one of the leaders in Flash-based browser games in France, where I'm programming games, but also doing some game design and business development.
- wrote MTASC , an open source ActionScript2 compiler which is widely used by professional Flash developers around the world. I'm also a cofounder of the OSFlash community.
- designed and implemented the Neko virtual machine, which is used at Motion-Twin to power our web games (with hundreds of thousands daily users).
- worked on several other Projects.
I'm interested into quite a lot of things, including :
- open source, free software, Internet, and the way they change society
- programming languages design and type systems
- virtual machines implementation and optimizations in general
- everything about games technologies
- Japanese pop culture, but also traditional culture
- geopolitics, macroeconomics and history
I've been giving several talks at different conferences, here's the list (starting from the most recent ones) :
- FITC San Francisco (Aug 2010) : Speaking at FITC/SF
- Flash Gaming Summit (Feb 2010) : FlashGamingSummit Slides
- FlashForum (April 2009) : Speaking at FFK09
- head Conference (Oct 2008) : haxe @ head
- FITC Toronto 2008 : Haxe By Example
- 24C3 (Dec 2007) : Haxe : hacking a programming language (video available)
- OFLA2 (Jun 2007) : Haxe ?
- FOTB 2006 : Revolution 2
- OSCON 2006 : Haxe: A Cross-platform Web Language
- Spark Europe (Nov 2005) : MTASC and Haxe : Present and Future
- OFLA : MTASC : Past Present and Future
- OSCON 2005 : MTASC: Opening the Flash Platform
You can contact me at the following email address :
ncannasse at gmail dot com